The Arts & Culture Alliance, Dogwood Arts, and the Downtown Knoxville Central Business Improvement District are hosting a workshop on the First Friday ArtWalk in Downtown Knoxville.
When and Where?
Tuesday, April 11, 5:00-7:00 PM at Pretentious Beer, 131 S Central St., Knoxville, TN 37902
Who Should Attend?
Downtown business owners and managers interested in First Friday and the Downtown Knoxville ArtWalk.
- You’re new to the idea and interested in learning more.
- Interested in hosting First Friday events or learning what others are doing.
- Interested in having an artist exhibit in your business all month long (with or without a First Friday event).
- You’ve hosted events and artists and are willing to share your experience.
- The workshop is open to all businesses within the Downtown Knoxville Central Business Improvement District. We’ll also have artists from the community attend to participate in the discussion.
We’ve planned a casual evening with experienced panelists to lead the discussion on hosting, exhibiting, selling, and promotion.
Brynn Crowell – Lox Salon, White Buffalo, and Basement Community Art
Kelly Hider – Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts
Sarah Moore – local artist
Scott Schimmel – Bliss, Bliss Home, and Tori Mason Shoes
Nanci Solomon – Rala
Mahasti Vafaie – Tomato Head and Flour Head Bakery
Liza Zenni – Arts & Culture Alliance
We’ll talk about hosting First Friday events and hosting artists throughout the month. We’ll talk about finding artists, what’s involved, and how to make it worth everyone’s time.
First Friday has been a part of Downtown Knoxville for over 13 years. First organized in October 2003 by the Market Square District Association, the “First Friday Gallery Walk” was created to encourage people to come to the district. As the event has grown and evolved, as new businesses continue to open, and as Friday nights in downtown have changed, we thought it might be a good idea to get together and talk! What’s working, what’s not, what can we do better?
Contact Robin Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org or 865-246-2653.