September 9-30, 2016
Emporium Center Resident Artists
Exhibition hours are Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM with additional hours on Tuesday, September 13, 6:30-9:30 PM and Sunday, September 25, 3:30-6:30 PM, for jazz jams in the Black Box with Vance Thompson & friends.
The Arts & Culture Alliance is pleased to present recent works by the resident artists of the Emporium Center, on display at the Emporium Center through September 30, 2016. Artists included in the exhibition are Bobbie Crews, Connie Gaertner, Judi Gaston, Diana Kilburn, Bob Leggett, Fritz Massaquoi, Pam Radford, W. James Taylor, Clay Thurston, and Sandy White.
Managed by the Arts & Culture Alliance, the Emporium Center provides space in which professionals and artists can work. The ten resident artists of the Emporium use their studios to create artwork and promote the principles of the Emporium, are present and working during the Emporium’s public hours, and provide a cultural experience for its visitors and patrons. Represented in the exhibition are:
- Bobbie Crews, Suite 107 – Oil, watercolor, antique cars, portraits and figurative work, abstracts, seascapes, mixed media, courtroom sketch artist, caricature, design: www.bobbiecrews.com
- Connie Gaertner, Suite 109 – Oil, acrylic, watercolor: www.conniegaertner.com
- Judi Gaston, Suite 108 – Fiber, hand-woven garments
- Diana Kilburn, Suite 105 – Watercolor, painting
- Bob Leggett, Suite 101 – Watercolor, oil, pastel; fiction
- Fritz Massaquoi, Suite 111 – Fibers, painting
- Pam Radford, Suite 113 – Oil, watercolor
- W. James Taylor, Suite 102 – Painting: www.genevagalleries.com
- Clay Thurston, Suite 111 – Photography: www.claythurston.com
- Sandy White, Suite 113 – Oil, watercolor
For more information on the artists, please visit https://www.knoxalliance.com/category/studios/.